Addiction is a treatable mental health disorder that involves different treatment programs and therapies to address the complexities of this illness. There are several stages in the recovery process, from detoxing and inpatient treatment to PHP and IOP treatments. What is IOP? The IOP meaning stands for an intensive outpatient program and works with men and women to continue addiction therapy for several hours a week while they live at home.
7 Summit Pathways is a full-service addiction treatment center that helps individuals recover from addiction and lead healthy and productive lives. Our programs are tailored to the individual and include various types of behavioral and holistic therapies and medical support. Patients will participate in group and private therapy sessions led by a certified behavioral therapist with years of experience helping people heal from addiction. To see if our intensive outpatient program in Tampa, FL, is right for you, contact us online or call 813.212.7149 today to speak with one of our caring team members.
Knowing about the different types of treatment programs that are available may help you in convincing a friend or loved one to start therapy before the addiction causes serious harm. There are residential or inpatient treatment programs where patients live in a facility for a predetermined amount of time. There are also different types of outpatient treatment programs that aid in the recovery process:
The IOP meaning stands for an intensive outpatient program. This program typically lasts from 8-12 weeks and provides patients with private and group therapy sessions to continue to work on their recovery while living at home. This program is more flexible than an inpatient program and offers day and evening sessions to fit around work and personal schedules.
During IOP, patients will participate in a number of beneficial therapies that include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Meditation and mindfulness
- Nutrition education
- Creative expression and other holistic activities
What is IOP, and is it right for you? At 7 Summit Pathways, we go over each step of our treatment programs with you so you know what to expect from the recovery process. Our team will run a full assessment to determine which program is best to begin your sober journey and will constantly monitor your progress to ensure forward progress is made.
The Benefits of IOP
There are many benefits of enrolling in IOP for men and women who are ready to stop abusing drugs and alcohol. It teaches them how addiction can consume a person wholly and push them to continue the abuse despite any strong desire to quit or avoid serious health complications.
Here are just some of the benefits of enrolling in IOP:
- A better understanding of addiction and how it can take over a person’s life and control their thoughts and behaviors.
- Medication-assisted treatment to ease withdrawal symptoms and cravings.
- Private therapy sessions with a behavioral therapist who works to shine a light on the underlying issues behind the abuse and teach patients how to process those feelings without causing any addictive behaviors.
- During group therapy, patients will practice coping and communication skills through group discussions, role-playing games, and other holistic activities.
- To repair broken relationships, family members are invited to participate in therapy to resolve any lingering issues and teach them how to create a stable home that will support their recovery.
Once completing an intensive outpatient program, patients can continue therapy through aftercare and alumni programs. In many cases, patients decide to continue talking with a therapist after completing their addiction recovery programs. Doing this greatly improves their chances of maintaining their sobriety and improving their overall mental health.
7 Summit Pathways: Your Top Choice for Intensive Outpatient Program in Tampa, FL
7 Summit Pathways is a fully accredited addiction treatment facility with a family-like atmosphere that promotes healthy living and long-lasting sobriety. We take the time to build trust and open communication with each patient so they feel comfortable opening up about the reasons behind the abuse. Our therapists teach patients new coping skills that make it easier to manage their symptoms and lead a sober life.