A personality disorder treatment program is for people who have unhealthy and rigid thinking and behavioral patterns that cause significant problems at work, school, or home. This mental health disorder causes a person to struggle with perceiving and relating to different people and situations and can impede their ability to lead a normal life. This program teaches patients how to recognize triggering people and situations and how to cope with their feelings instead of burying them with drugs or alcohol.
7 Summit Pathways is a fully accredited mental health treatment facility that offers personality disorder treatment and other specialty services to support your mental health. When you first arrive at our boutique treatment facility, our team will run a full assessment to create a tailored treatment program that addresses all aspects of your condition. Therapists will work with you in group and private therapy sessions in a safe environment where they will encourage you to open up to them and your peers. To find specialty services in the Tampa, FL area, call 813.212.7149 today to speak with one of our compassionate team members.
What Is Personality Disorder Treatment?
Personality disorder treatment utilizes various therapies and medications to effectively treat the wide-ranging symptoms of personality disorders. One of the most effective ways of treating this disorder is through cognitive-behavioral therapy. It is a type of psychotherapy where therapists help patients uncover the root cause of their symptoms and begin developing coping skills for processing their emotions. Other types of therapies used to treat personality disorders include dialectical behavior therapy, interpersonal therapy, and antidepressant, antianxiety, and antipsychotic medications.
There are several different types of personality disorders that are separated into different groups:
- Cluster A disorders – Paranoid personality disorder and schizoid and schizotypal personality disorder
- Cluster B disorders – Antisocial personality disorder, borderline personality disorder, histrionic personality disorder, and narcissistic personality disorder
- Cluster C disorders – Avoidant personality disorder, dependent personality disorder, and obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
At 7 Summit Pathways, our therapists have experience treating all types of personality disorders along with any addictions that are fueled by their symptoms. Your treatment program is tailored around your unique symptoms and causes and will include behavioral and holistic therapy, as well as medication to ease any disruptive symptoms.
The Benefits of Enrolling in a Personality Disorder Treatment Program
Enrolling in a personality disorder treatment program allows individuals to focus on healing in a discreet and comfortable environment far from any triggering people or situations. This time is necessary to help patients develop new ways of thinking and perceiving the world around them.
Just some of the benefits of personality disorder treatment include:
- A better understanding of specific symptoms – In some cases, individuals may not know they have a personality disorder, especially if this is the first time they are working with a therapist. They will teach you how the disorder affects your thoughts and behaviors, as well as uncover the reasons behind their individual symptoms.
- Medication-assisted treatment – During the program, medical staff will administer medications to ease any depressive, psychotic, or anxiety symptoms. They can also provide medication to ease withdrawals and cravings for those who have a co-occurring condition of addiction and a personality disorder.
- Behavioral therapy sessions – To get a better understanding of how their symptoms started and what it takes to change their thinking patterns, therapists use cognitive-behavioral and other types of behavioral therapy. It directly addresses their unhealthy thought patterns and behaviors and teaches them new ways of thinking and seeing themselves and the world around them in a positive light.
- Peer support – One key benefit to recovery is the support from your peers who are going through recovery with you. The relationships you develop with them will encourage your commitment to therapy and help you during difficult moments.
What is a personality disorder treatment program, and how can it benefit you? This program will teach you healthy ways to cope with your symptoms and how to stop negative thoughts and behaviors from worsening and causing other physical and psychological problems.
7 Summit Pathways: Your Top Choice for Specialty Services
At 7 Summit Pathways, we support the recovery efforts of all Floridians who are struggling with personality disorders, substance use disorders, and other mental health disorders. Our luxury treatment center provides compassionate support for all people who are struggling with their mental health. Just some of the therapies we offer include:
- Personality disorder treatment
- Acupuncture therapy
- Equine-assisted therapy
- Meditative therapy
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Medication-assisted treatment