Men and women who are abusing fentanyl or other opioids can enroll in a fentanyl rehab program and safely beat their addiction with fewer risks of relapse. Fentanyl is a type of synthetic opioid that is extremely potent and has a high rate of abuse and overdose. It is rated as a Schedule II drug by the Federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA). It is strictly regulated to combat the growing number of fentanyl-related addiction cases, overdoses, and deaths.
At 7 Summit Pathways, we welcome people from all walks of life who are fighting an addiction to fentanyl, alcohol, cocaine, or other toxic substances. Our rehab programs use a combination of behavioral therapies, medication-assisted treatment, and holistic therapies in a discreet and family-like treatment center. To learn more about our rehab programs in Tampa, FL, send us a question online or call 813.212.7149 today to speak to our dedicated team.
What Is a Fentanyl Program?
Fentanyl is a dangerous substance that is 100 times more potent than morphine and, in some cases, can cause an overdose with just one pill. Illegal drug manufacturers often mix their drugs with dangerous levels of opioids and other chemicals to increase their effect, making them extremely dangerous. A small dose of less than two milligrams of fentanyl can be enough to cause a lethal overdose.
A fentanyl drug program teaches people about the dangers of opioid abuse and how it affects them physically and mentally. It combines medication to ease withdrawal symptoms with behavioral and holistic therapies to address the mental aspects of the abuse. Behavioral therapy can give individuals the skills and confidence they need to avoid triggering situations and find new ways to curb their addictive cravings.
Some of the top behavioral therapies that are used to treat addiction include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Motivational interviewing
At 7 Summit Pathways, we offer fentanyl rehab for those who are ready to stop abusing drugs and alcohol and lead a healthy and sober life. The skills they learn during therapy promote lifelong sobriety and other healthy life changes that make resisting future temptations much easier.
The Benefits of Enrolling in a Fentanyl Rehab Program
A fentanyl drug rehab program is necessary for those who have tried quitting before without professional support and could not resist their cravings. Enrolling in a rehab program increases the chance of getting through the withdrawal stage and helps patients rediscover the power within them to enact real change.
Here are some additional benefits of enrolling in a fentanyl drug program:
- Addiction education – Patients and their families will learn all about the dangers of addiction and how it can consume a person’s life. Therapists will discuss how drug abuse causes physical and psychological changes and can lead to serious medical complications.
- Medication-assisted treatment – Addiction can cause intense withdrawal symptoms and powerful cravings that make quitting very difficult without medical support. As part of an all-encompassing treatment program, medical staff will administer medications to ease withdrawals and cravings as needed. As the patient’s symptoms begin to fade, they will begin tapering off the medication until no longer necessary.
- Behavioral therapies – To treat the mental aspect of addiction, patients will participate in group and private therapy sessions using cognitive-behavioral therapy and other types of therapies. Therapists work closely with each patient to uncover the root cause of the addiction and begin helping them process the emotions and feelings that trigger their cravings. This allows them to better manage their symptoms and not let future cravings disrupt their sober lifestyle.
The combination of these therapies and other beneficial programs creates a better recovery experience and increases a person’s interest in staying in therapy. The longer they continue working with therapists and their peers, the more likely they are to maintain their sobriety no matter how stressful life gets.
Get the Support You Need with Fentanyl Rehab at 7 Summit Pathways
At 7 Summit Pathways, we offer fentanyl drug rehab for individuals who are ready to stop the abuse before causing serious physical and psychological harm. Our programs are tailored to the person’s unique symptoms and can treat all levels of addiction, no matter how severe their symptoms are.
For more information about our fentanyl rehab and how it can benefit your recovery, call 813.212.7149 today to schedule a tour and meet our team.