The opioid epidemic continues to rage across America. With more people than ever dying from opioid-involved overdoses, the risks of using these drugs continue to grow. Heroin is one of the oldest opioids in the world, first used by people extracting it from poppy plants. Today, it is consistently laced with more potent drugs, like fentanyl, making it even more dangerous. People who struggle with heroin addiction often find themselves in a difficult position socially, financially, and medically.
The heroin addiction treatment program at 7 Summit Pathways in Tampa, Florida helps people struggling with addiction find their unique path toward a rewarding, meaningful future. Each of our rehab programs focuses on the seven dimensions of wellness that promote health and happiness for our patients. Call 813.212.7149 or contact us online to get started today.
Heroin Addiction Treatments We Use
Our rehab programs use a complementary mix of therapies, treatments, and holistic healing classes to help our patients break free from the grips of addiction and blaze a healthy trail forward.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Many people who struggle with an addiction have an underlying mental health condition. Each patient in our heroin addiction rehab program undergoes an initial evaluation to identify any co-occurring conditions. Then, our professionals can provide effective treatment so they can begin to truly heal.
Suboxone is a medication that can help people who are struggling with addiction to opioids. It acts as a partial opioid agonist, meaning it binds to the same receptors in the brain as opioids but doesn’t produce the same high. Suboxone can help our patients taper off heroin while managing withdrawal symptoms and reducing cravings.
Talk therapy can help our patients understand and process the emotions they’re feeling. It can be incredibly effective in treating underlying mental health conditions, like depression or anxiety. Our patients will work with a therapist one-on-one and in group settings to begin exploring the root causes of their addiction.
Biofeedback therapy is a treatment that uses feedback from the body to help our patients learn how to control their own physiology. This therapy can help manage anxiety, stress, and pain. Our patients will work with a therapist to learn how to control their heart rate, breathing, and muscle tension.
Life Skills Training
In our heroin addiction rehab program, our patients will learn how to live a healthy, balanced life. They will participate in classes and workshops on topics like nutrition, exercise, and stress management.
Our Heroin Addiction Rehab Program
At 7 Summit Pathways, we understand that addiction looks different for everyone. That’s why our team uses a range of methods in our addiction treatment programs to help each patient find their own path to recovery. No matter where they are on their journey, we will be there to support them every step of the way.
- Outpatient detoxification – Our outpatient, or ambulatory, detox program is designed to help patients safely and comfortably detox from heroin. We offer medical support and planning, so our patients can focus on their recovery.
- Day-night partial hospitalization program (PHP) – The 7 Summit Pathways day-night PHP provides clinical support to patients during the day while allowing them to go back home or to one of our sober living houses at night. This program is our most intensive, providing structure and support for our patients for at least four weeks.
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP) – Our IOP is designed for patients who need more support than what our standard outpatient program can provide. IOP patients will participate in daytime treatment activities and then return home at night.
- Outpatient program – Our outpatient program is designed for patients who are able to live at home or in a sober living house while receiving treatment. This program provides weekly individual, family, and group therapy sessions, as well as access to our other services.
- Aftercare program – After completing a treatment program, patients are eligible for our aftercare program. Here, they receive ongoing support and resources as they continue on their journey to recovery.