Methamphetamine is a highly addictive substance that creates an intense euphoric sensation and increased energy and alertness. It is more addictive than other stimulants and can cause severe physical and psychological harm when abused for any amount of time. A meth addiction rehab program helps people break the dangerous cycle of addiction by using a combination of behavioral therapies and medication-assisted treatment.
At 7 Summit Pathways in Tampa, Florida, we support busy professionals, stay-at-home parents, students, and all others who are struggling with an addiction to meth or other dangerous stimulants. Our therapists have years of experience treating addiction and the underlying causes behind it. They provide therapy through group and individual sessions to teach patients new coping skills and other healthy life skills. If you are searching for rehab programs near me and in the Tampa area, call 813.212.7149 today to begin your recovery journey at our discreet and comfortable treatment facility.
The Dangers of Meth Addiction
Methamphetamine is a potent central nervous system stimulant that is currently available in a non-refillable prescription to treat attention-deficit disorders under the brand name Desoxyn. However, most meth in the U.S. is illicitly made, sold, and used. The Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) has classified meth as a Schedule II drug as it has a high rate of abuse and strong addictive properties. Using meth even just a few times can produce cravings that intensify until you take more or the drug wears off.
Meth stays in your system much longer than other stimulants, which increases the risk of addiction. The intense highs are short-lived, but the drug remains in your system for up to 16 hours or longer, depending on the amounts taken. If you take more meth before your body can cleanse itself, you begin forming a strong chemical dependence on the drug. The more you take, the more your body will crave that intense euphoria and will produce painful withdrawals without a steady supply.
At the same time, taking meth regularly for a long period of time will ultimately destroy your mind and body. Long-term effects of meth addiction can lead to psychosis, severe dental problems, significant cognitive decline, and permanent changes in your chemical makeup that may require a lifetime of medication.
At 7 Summit Pathways, our meth addiction treatment program offers an all-encompassing recovery experience with medical support and behavioral therapy. We base our treatment plans on each person’s unique history and background and work closely with them throughout their recovery journey.
Enrolling in Meth Addiction Rehab
Meth addiction is a complex yet treatable mental health disorder that involves various types of treatments and therapy options. While each person’s experience is unique to them, a typical meth addiction treatment program will include some of the following types of therapies:
- Group and individual therapy sessions – Behavioral therapists will work with patients in private and group sessions to talk about the issues behind the addiction and practice new coping skills for managing their symptoms and triggers. Therapists use a variety of therapies, including:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Acceptance and commitment therapy
- Motivational interviewing
- Acupuncture therapy
- Holistic therapies such as yoga, meditation, and mindfulness
- Medication-assisted treatment – To ease withdrawal symptoms and cravings, medical staff will administer medications that have proven to reduce the effects of addiction withdrawals safely. As patients progress through the program, they will slowly taper off the medications as their symptoms begin to fade. Most patients will be 100% drug-free by the end of the program.
- Animal-assisted therapy – This type of holistic therapy is quickly gaining in popularity at treatment centers all across the country. The use of animals in therapy has proven to produce a calming effect in patients and helps the body restore the natural production of dopamine. The most common type of animals used in drug addiction therapy include dogs, horses, and dolphins.
- Family therapy – Another beneficial type of therapy includes family therapy. Therapists work with all family members to teach them about the dangers of addiction and begin resolving any lingering issues. This can help rebuild fractured relationships, restore trust, and create a stable and supportive home environment.
Enrolling in meth addiction rehab is the smartest choice to make when you are ready to quit abusing meth. It eases the recovery process and creates a positive mindset that reduces any psychological need for more drugs or alcohol.
7 Summit Pathways Offers Effective Rehab Programs near You
At 7 Summit Pathways, our team welcomes people from all walks of life who are struggling with an addiction to meth, cocaine, alcohol, or other dangerous substances. When you first arrive at our family-like facility, we complete a full assessment so we can build a custom treatment plan that is specific to your unique circumstances. Therapy will include group and private therapy sessions using a variety of therapies and programs.