Every year, millions of people struggle with some form of mental health disorder, with a large percentage of them experiencing symptoms that require professional mental health services. Psychotherapy is a form of talk therapy where a trained therapist works with individuals to talk about their symptoms and teach them how to process their feelings and emotions without causing any negative behaviors. It is a very effective way of learning how to deal with intense emotions or negative thoughts caused by a number of internal and external factors.
At 7 Summit Pathways, we work with people from all walks of life who are struggling with depression, PTSD, substance use disorder, or other types of mental health disorders. Our boutique treatment center offers privacy and comfort with plenty of serene outdoor areas that promote calmness and tranquility. Your individualized treatment program will consist of private and group therapy sessions using behavioral and holistic psychotherapy practices. If you are interested in learning more about specialty services in Tampa, FL, call 813.212.7149 or fill out our online form today to ask us a question.
What Is Psychotherapy?
Psychotherapy is a type of mental health treatment that helps people reduce school or work-related issues, relationship problems, depression, substance abuse, and other issues that impact their lives. Therapy sessions typically last 30-90 minutes and require active participation from both the patient and the therapist. For those who lack the motivation to make a positive change, there are therapy programs that specifically focus on finding the right motivation based on each person’s background and symptoms.
Nearly 75% of people who participate in psychotherapy programs show significant improvement in many areas of their lives. The length of therapy programs will depend on the disorder and the severity of the symptoms. Those with co-occurring conditions of addiction and depression or other mental health disorders will require several months or more of therapy to fully recover. Some people choose to continue therapy once or twice a week over a lifetime to get the most support for their mental health.
At 7 Summit Pathways, we work hard to make your time with us easy and stress-free. During admissions, we will go over your treatment program with you and answer any questions you have, like what is psychotherapy and what other types of therapies are involved with my recovery.
Finding Psychotherapy in Tampa, FL
When searching for a psychotherapy program near you, make sure they offer the following therapies to give you the best chances at improving your mental health:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) – Behavioral therapy is one of the most used forms of psychotherapy to treat depression, social anxiety, substance use disorder, and other mental health illnesses. It focuses on breaking the association between negative thoughts and emotions and the behaviors it creates. Patients learn healthy ways to manage their symptoms and prevent future panic attacks, cravings for drugs or alcohol, or other disruptive behaviors.
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) – This type of therapy is an offshoot of CBT and is for patients who are at risk of suicide or other self-harming behaviors. Therapists work closely with each patient to help them accept how they think and feel and learn that it is okay to feel that way. They develop a better understanding of their symptoms and new coping skills for accepting and processing their emotions.
- Holistic therapy – Many treatment centers now offer meditation, yoga, creative writing, and other holistic therapies to treat a number of mental health conditions. These programs go a long way to promote healthy life skills and can include animal-assisted therapy, painting, music and dance therapy, outdoor adventure therapy, and many other types of beneficial therapies.
Enrolling in a psychotherapy program gives you the best chances of improving your mental health and leading a productive life.
7 Summit Pathways: Your Top Choice for Psychotherapy near You
If you are searching for specialty services, check out 7 Summit Pathways in Tampa. We offer a number of psychotherapy programs in your area that can improve your mental health and overall well-being. Just some of the psychotherapy programs we offer include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Dual diagnosis therapy
- Acceptance and commitment therapy
- Equine-assisted therapy
- Creative writing and other holistic therapies