Finding cognitive-behavioral therapy in Florida is crucial for men and women who have developed an addiction or other mental health disorders and need help recovering. Behavioral therapy helps individuals stop letting their thoughts and feelings create negative behaviors and teaches people healthy ways of processing their emotions. It is very effective in treating multiple disorders and giving patients the confidence to build a healthy and stable life.
7 Summit Pathways is a fully-accredited addiction treatment facility with programs that can treat all types of substance use disorders and the underlying issues that are fueling the abuse. When you first arrive for treatment, our team will run a full assessment to determine which types of therapies are best for recovery. Programs will include a mix of behavioral and holistic therapies along with medication-assisted treatment to ease withdrawals and cravings, and other disruptive symptoms. Call 813.212.7149 today or reach out online to learn more about our specialty services in Tampa, FL, and how they can support your recovery journey.
What Is CBT?
Cognitive-behavioral therapy, or CBT, is a form of psychotherapy that is best for treating substance use disorders, major depressive disorder, anxiety disorders, and other types of mental health illnesses. It significantly improves a person’s mental focus and clarity and gives them the skills and confidence to manage their symptoms and live productive lives. CBT’s focus is on breaking the association between a person’s thoughts and the negative behaviors that it triggers, such as drug and alcohol cravings, panic attacks, traumatic flashbacks, and suicidal thoughts.
Cognitive-behavioral therapy is based on three core principles:
- Psychological problems are based, in part, on faulty or unhealthy ways of thinking.
- Psychological problems are based, in part, on learned patterns of unhealthy behavior.
- Individuals can learn better ways of coping with their negating thinking and behaviors.
A CBT therapist will work with patients to change the thinking patterns that trigger their symptoms and replace them with more positive thoughts and actions. They use various techniques to stop symptoms from escalating and triggering drug or alcohol cravings, panic attacks, or more severe symptoms. The new problem-solving skills patients learn will improve their ability to manage their symptoms, no matter how stressful life gets.
What is CBT? At 7 Summit Pathways, we will answer all of your questions about our treatment programs and what you can expect after enrolling in our treatment program. Our team will do everything we can to support your recovery and make you as comfortable as possible throughout your recovery journey.
The Benefits of Participating in Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
Enrolling in a cognitive-behavioral therapy program is the smart choice to make for people whose symptoms are causing problems in their day-to-day lives. While there is no cure, CBT gives patients the ability to lead full and productive lives by teaching them healthy coping skills and improving their overall mental health.
Here are just some of the benefits of participating in cognitive-behavioral therapy in Florida:
- A better understanding of the disorder and how it affects them and their loved ones.
- Discover the power within to make real changes, no matter how severe their symptoms are.
- Gain a better understanding of self and how your thoughts and actions create negative behaviors.
- Learn new coping skills for managing symptoms and triggers.
- Participate in group therapy sessions to practice coping and communication skills through group discussions, role-playing games, and other holistic activities.
- Build healthy relationships with your peers as you progress through the program.
Cognitive-behavioral therapy works best when combined with other types of behavioral and holistic therapies, along with medical support. This allows for a safer recovery experience with fewer risks of relapse and promotes long-lasting change and improved mental health.
Join 7 Summit Pathways for Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy in Florida
7 Summit Pathways is a full-service addiction treatment center in Tampa that welcomes people from all walks of life who are ready for a positive change. We take the time to build trust and open communication with each patient so they feel comfortable opening up and talking about sensitive subjects or past traumas. Treatment programs can include a variety of therapies, such as:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Co-occurring disorder treatment
- Relapse prevention therapy
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Meditation therapy
- Yoga therapy
- Family therapy