Addiction is a mental health disorder that affects over 50 million men and women in the U.S. each year. While there is no cure for addiction, there are several intensive outpatient program (IOP) treatment options that can help patients break their addiction and stay sober. What is IOP, and why is it important in the recovery process? An intensive outpatient program offers outpatient therapy for patients who have completed a residential treatment program and want to continue working with a therapist. Continuing therapy through an intensive outpatient program near you is the smart choice to make to reduce the risk of release and stop the abuse once and for all.
At 7 Summit Pathways, our accredited addiction treatment facility welcomes all people who are struggling with addiction and ready to make a positive change. Our behavioral therapists take the time to get to know each patient so they can identify the underlying cause of the addiction and begin the healing process. Treatment programs include group and private therapy sessions with medical support to ease withdrawals, cravings, and any depressive or anxiety symptoms that are fueling the addiction. If you are doing a search for an intensive outpatient program near me, call 813.212.7149 today to begin your addiction recovery in a comfortable and discreet facility.
What Is IOP?
An intensive outpatient program is an important step in the recovery process as it greatly reduces the risk of relapse after recovery and long into the future. IOP typically lasts for up to 12 weeks, with evening or daytime therapy options for three to five hours per week. Each person’s recovery experience is unique to them, and the time it takes to recover will depend on their individual symptoms and commitment to recovery.
IOP offers the same types of therapies that you find in a residential treatment program, such as:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Family therapy
- Holistic therapy
- Animal-assisted therapy
- Dual diagnosis therapy
- Acceptance and commitment therapy
- Meditative therapy
IOP continues to support patients as they adjust to life outside of recovery and spend more time at home and work. If you are searching for IOP near me, 7 Summit Pathways is the best call to make for continuing your addiction recovery in a private and comfortable facility.
What to Expect from an Intensive Outpatient Program
Enrolling in IOP is the best way to reduce the risk of relapse and will benefit other areas of your life. Patients learn new coping and life skills that promote a healthy and sober lifestyle, and they can continue therapy for as long as necessary to reach their recovery goals.
Here is just some of what you can expect from an intensive outpatient program:
- Behavioral therapy – Cognitive-behavioral therapy is one of the best forms of therapy to treat addiction, depression, PTSD, and other mental health disorders. It helps patients uncover the root cause of the addiction and teaches them how to process their feelings without triggering their cravings or temptations. Other types of behavioral therapy include dialectical behavior therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy, motivational interviewing, and other types of therapies.
- Medication-assisted treatment – To ease withdrawals and cravings, medical staff will administer medications that are proven to reduce the symptoms that interfere with the recovery process. These drugs are not a replacement for the substance you are abusing. Once your withdrawal symptoms fade, most patients will no longer need the medication to maintain their sobriety.
- Family therapy – An important step in the recovery process is fixing personal relationships with your parents, siblings, spouse, or children. All family members will have a chance to talk with a therapist to work through any lingering feelings that may disrupt recovery. They will also learn how to support recovery by creating a stable and sober living situation.
If you are near Tampa, search online for an IOP near me, and click on the link for 7 Summit Pathways to continue your therapy with an experienced and compassionate team.
7 Summit Pathways: Your Top Choice for an Intensive Outpatient Program near You
What is IOP, and how can it benefit your addiction recovery? 7 Summit Pathways will answer all of your questions about your recovery experience and go over the types of treatments you will participate in. Our facility offers a full range of treatment programs that include 12-step programs, co-occurring rehab programs, sober living homes, and much more.