Family therapy is all about helping parents, spouses, children, and siblings get along and resolve complex issues that threaten to pull apart the family. It can help individuals who are struggling with substance use disorders, bipolar disorders, or other conditions that impact their lives and the lives of their loved ones. Combining family therapy with addiction therapy greatly increases your chances of reaching your recovery goals and preserving personal relationships.
At 7 Summit Pathways, we are a full-service treatment facility that provides family therapy programs to create an all-encompassing recovery experience. We understand how complex treating mental health issues can be and the importance of having healthy relationships to support you. We welcome all family members to participate in recovery, where they will talk about any unresolved issues and learn how to create a stable and supportive home environment. If you would like more information about our family therapy and other specialty services in Tampa, Florida, call 813.212.7149 today to speak with one of our knowledgeable team members or reach out online.
What Is Family Therapy?
A family therapy program aids families in improving communication, solving family problems, and creating a better-functioning family unit. Families who are impacted by addiction and don’t participate in therapy have a higher rate of divorce and relationship issues. These issues can significantly impact young children’s development and ability to form healthy relationships. This is why a family therapy program is so crucial for long-lasting recovery.
During a family therapy program, all family members will have a chance to talk with a therapist one-on-one and in group sessions. They can vent any frustrations or anger caused by the abuse, learn to move forward and help their loved ones recover. During group sessions, families will learn how to communicate and listen to each other and how to create a more stable environment once their loved one returns home. Strong, supportive relationships are essential for the recovery process and promote long-lasting sobriety and better mental health.
At 7 Summit Pathways, we offer family therapy in Florida as part of our comprehensive addiction treatment programs. We know how valuable healthy and strong family relationships are to recovery, and we invite all family members to participate in the recovery process at our family-like facility.
The Benefits of a Family Therapy Program
Enrolling in family therapy gives men and women and their families a positive recovery experience and teaches them plenty of healthy life skills. They will learn about the complexities of treating mental health disorders and how each family member can become a supporting part of the process.
Here are some additional benefits of enrolling in a family therapy program:
- Improved communication and listening skills – Knowing how to be an effective communicator and understand what people are saying takes practice. Family therapy helps families build their communication skills and teaches them how to actively listen and respond.
- Mental health support for everyone – Therapists will work with everyone in private sessions to talk about any issues affecting them and potentially impacting the recovery process. They learn how to talk through their problems calmly and find healthier solutions to resolve any conflicts that arise.
- Learn other beneficial life skills – Holistic therapies such as meditation and mindfulness, nutrition education, and creative self-expression are very helpful in giving families the necessary life skills to build a healthy and stable home. The more stable the home environment is, the less likely it is to relapse or experience other setbacks once they complete their recovery program.
Family therapy is a beneficial tool in the recovery process for individuals struggling with substance use disorders, PTSD, borderline personality disorders, or other conditions. It teaches everyone in the family about the complexities of treating mental health disorders and what is required to build a stable and supportive home.
7 Summit Pathways Offer Family Therapy and Other Specialty Services in Tampa, FL
7 Summit Pathways offers family therapy in Florida for those who are struggling with addiction, PTSD, or other types of treatable mental health disorders. We take the time to get to know each patient and their unique symptoms to develop the best treatment program to address all aspects of their condition. In addition to our family therapy services, we also provide our patients with a wide range of therapies to treat their condition that includes:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Co-occurring disorder programs
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Yoga therapy
- Massage therapy
- Acupuncture therapy