Treating addiction is a complex process that requires different treatments and therapies. There are inpatient and outpatient treatment programs available that support the different stages of the recovery process. One stage of an outpatient program is called PHP. The PHP meaning stands for partial hospitalization program and works as a transitional period between residential and outpatient treatment programs where patients begin living at home or in a sober living community.
At 7 Summit Pathways, we welcome men and women from all walks of life who are struggling with an addiction to alcohol, cocaine, heroin, or other addictive substances. Our 22-bed treatment boutique uses the latest in behavioral and holistic therapies and medicinal support to create a comprehensive program that addresses all aspects of addiction. If you would like to know more about our partial hospitalization program in Tampa, call 813.212.7149 today to speak with our team or contact us online.
Understanding the PHP Meaning
What is PHP? The PHP meaning stands for partial hospitalization program and is a go-between for patients just completing a residential program and ready for the next stage of their recovery. Residential treatment programs can last anywhere from 30 to 90 days. After completing the program, relapse rates can be extremely high as people adjust to their new sober lives. PHP assists with this transition period and can greatly reduce the risk of relapse.
A partial hospitalization program can do several things:
- Supports the slow transition back to their regular lives with a gradual decrease in the number of hours spent in therapy.
- Fine-tuning of coping and communication skills with your peers during group therapy sessions.
- Continue talking with a therapist in private about adjusting to living a sober life and how their new coping skills are working.
- Therapists will closely monitor each patient’s progress during this time and develop new coping skills as necessary.
- For patients without a sober or stable home, there are sober living communities they can stay at until they find a new home.
At 7 Summit Pathways, we will discuss the PHP meaning and answer any questions you have about your recovery program. Our programs are tailored to the individual and their unique symptoms and include a wide range of behavioral and holistic therapies with medication to ease withdrawals and other symptoms.
What to Expect from PHP
Addiction is a treatable mental health disorder with symptoms that can reappear at any time. This is why continuing therapy is important, so patients can deal with any return of their symptoms or triggers confidently and avoid relapsing. If this is your first time enrolling in an addiction treatment program, here is what you can expect from PHP:
- After completing a inpatient treatment program, patients will begin scaling back on the number of hours spent in therapy as they move out of the treatment center back home or into a sober living community.
- Patients will continue working with a therapist in private therapy sessions with a certified behavioral therapist to continue talking about the reasons behind the addiction and how well their coping skills are working.
- During group therapy, patients will continue practicing their coping and communication skills with their peers. Group therapy typically involves group discussions, role-playing activities, nutrition education, creative self-expression, and other holistic therapies.
- For patients with any lingering symptoms that interfere with recovery, medical support can continue for as long as necessary to reduce disruptive symptoms.
- Therapists will work with family members to show them how to create a stable and sober living environment and how they can become a part of the recovery process.
PHP will typically last for 2-3 weeks while patients adjust to their new lives. Once completing the program, they will continue therapy through an intensive outpatient program for several hours a week for up to 12-16 weeks or longer if necessary.
Find a Partial Hospitalization Program in Tampa at 7 Summit Pathways
What is PHP, and how can it benefit your recovery? At 7 Summit Pathways, we are a fully accredited addiction treatment center that offers a wide range of treatment programs and therapies. Our partial hospitalization program works to ease your transition from inpatient treatment back to your home or sober living community while continuing to work on your recovery.