Addiction is a complex illness that affects each person in unique ways. Some can be completely consumed by the addiction and unable to quit without 24/7 support. Others will not have such a strong reaction and may not need round-the-clock care. Outpatient detoxification is for people who want to quit abusing drugs or alcohol but don’t need the care and attention of an in-person detox center.
At 7 Summit Pathways, we support men and women from all walks of life who are struggling with addiction to cocaine, meth, alcohol, or other dangerous substances. Our team has experience treating all types of addiction and uses the latest treatment modalities that include behavioral therapy and medical support. You will participate in group and private therapy sessions while receiving medication to minimize withdrawals and cravings. If you are searching for outpatient detoxification near me and are close to Tampa, call 813.212.7149 today to speak with our friendly team about your addiction recovery.
What Is Outpatient Detoxification?
Outpatient detoxification is a form of drug and alcohol detox for patients whose symptoms are not as severe and who can abstain from drugs or alcohol with minimal supervision. Outpatient detox is more flexible than an in-patient program and allows patients to continue to work and keep up with family responsibilities while working on their recovery.
When you abuse drugs or alcohol for an extended period, you disrupt the delicate chemical balance within your body. The chemicals in drugs and alcohol act as a substitute for dopamine, a neurotransmitter that is responsible for happiness and elation, memory retention, coordination, and other vital functions. Those who try to quit alone will begin to feel withdrawal symptoms that can range in severity from mild to severe and can last for several weeks. Common drug and alcohol withdrawal symptoms include:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Muscle cramps
- Joint pain
- Stomach cramps
At 7 Summit Pathways, our team commits themselves fully to helping you reach your recovery goals and maintain lifelong sobriety. We will answer all of your questions about your recovery experience, including explaining what outpatient detoxification is and what to expect during recovery.
What to Expect from Outpatient Detoxification
Each person’s experience with addiction recovery depends on the length of abuse, the type of substance, and if there are any underlying mental health conditions fueling the addiction. For those who are enrolling in an outpatient detoxification program, here is what you can expect during recovery:
- A more flexible recovery experience that costs less and allows you to keep up with work and family responsibilities.
- Medication-assisted treatment to reduce withdrawals and cravings. Medical staff will administer medications and monitor you for any adverse reactions. As your withdrawal symptoms fade, they will slowly reduce the amount of medication until no longer necessary.
- Group and private therapy sessions using behavioral and holistic therapies. You will work with a certified behavioral therapist to uncover the reason behind the addiction and develop healthy coping skills for managing your symptoms and triggers.
- Develop healthy relationships with your peers that can turn into lifelong friendships that are supportive and healthy.
- Work with family members to resolve any personal conflicts and create a stable home environment.
- Improve your self-esteem and confidence in maintaining your sobriety no matter what life throws at you.
- Options to continue therapy through aftercare programs.
Outpatient detoxification is for patients who have not gone through a treatment program previously or have had past experience with drug or alcohol addiction. It is best for those with mild withdrawal symptoms and who have a strong desire to quit before their health worsens.
Find Outpatient Detoxification near Tampa at 7 Summit Pathways
7 Summit Pathways is a fully accredited addiction treatment center that offers outpatient detoxification for people struggling to break free from addiction. We take the time to build trust and open communication with each patient so they feel comfortable talking about the issues that led to substance abuse. Therapists work with patients in group and individual therapy sessions for as long as necessary to reach their recovery goals.
If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction, send us a message using our online form or call 813.212.7149 today to schedule a tour and meet with our friendly team.