If you are looking into what is fentanyl addiction, a friend or loved one may be struggling with an addiction to fentanyl, and you want to help. The best way to do that is to learn about the dangers of fentanyl abuse and talk to them about enrolling in a fentanyl addiction treatment program. While there is no cure for addiction, there are several treatment programs available that have a proven track record for treating the illness and giving people the skills and confidence necessary to maintain long-lasting sobriety.
At 7 Summit Pathways, our comprehensive addiction treatment programs support individuals with an addiction to fentanyl or other opioids. Our team is dedicated to supporting your recovery through a wide range of behavioral and holistic therapies, 12-step programs, life-skills training, and other programs and services. You will work with a certified therapist in group and private therapy sessions at our discreet facility that promotes safe healing and recovery. For more information about fentanyl addiction treatment in Tampa, send us a message online or call 813.212.7149 today to schedule a tour and meet our compassionate team.
What Is Fentanyl Addiction?
Fentanyl is a synthetic opioid that is 100 times more powerful than morphine and has an extremely high risk of addiction and overdose. Illegal drug manufacturers will often cut or mix fentanyl with other chemicals and opioids, making it nearly impossible to tell how strong of a dose you are taking. In some cases, one pill is enough to cause an overdose and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there were 57,834 deaths related to fentanyl in 2020 and 71,238 deaths in 20211.
What is fentanyl addiction treatment? Addiction is a complex mental health disorder that is treatable through a combination of different therapies and treatments. A typical fentanyl addiction treatment program can include:
- Behavioral therapy programs that focus on replacing negative behaviors and thinking patterns and replacing them with healthy thoughts and behaviors.
- Medication-assisted treatment programs to reduce the physical and mental withdrawal symptoms that are common with addiction withdrawals. These medications are safe when given through a treatment program and can greatly reduce the risk of relapse.
- Holistic therapy programs that teach patients mindfulness and how to stay in the present instead of focusing on negative memories or emotions. Holistic therapy can also teach patients a number of healthy life skills that promote sober living and creative self-expression.
- Family therapy programs to repair broken trust and relationships between parents, siblings, spouses, and children.
What is fentanyl addiction? 7 Summit Pathways can answer this question and any others you have about your addiction recovery. Our therapists work closely with each patient to help them feel comfortable talking about sensitive subjects, traumatic experiences, or other reasons behind the abuse.
The Benefits of Enrolling in a Fentanyl Addiction Treatment Program
Here are just some of the benefits you can expect after enrolling in a fentanyl addiction treatment program:
- Addiction education – Learn all about the dangers of abusing fentanyl and about the physical and psychological changes it makes in your body.
- Tailored treatment programs – Addiction is a complex disorder to treat as it is caused by issues that are unique to the individual. Each program is tailored to the person’s symptoms and underlying issues that are fuelling the abuse.
- Medication-assisted treatment – Medical staff will administer medications that ease opioid withdrawal symptoms safely and continue to monitor their symptoms throughout the program.
- Family relationships – The key to recovery is having healthy and supportive relationships. All family members are encouraged to participate in private and group family therapy sessions to resolve lingering frustrations or anger and begin to rebuild relationships and the family unit.
Addiction recovery is possible when you enroll in an accredited addiction treatment program that offers a wide range of therapies. It gives patients the skills and confidence to manage their symptoms and triggers and lead a healthy and happy lifestyle.
Reach Out to 7 Summit Pathways to Learn More About Fentanyl Addiction Treatment in Tampa
What is fentanyl addiction treatment, and how can it help you recover? At 7 Summit Pathways, our team has experience working with men and women struggling with an addiction to fentanyl and other opioids. We will run a full health assessment to create a tailored treatment program while discussing the types of therapies and treatments that you will participate in and what you can expect during your time with us. Just some of the therapies that we offer include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Acceptance and commitment therapy
- Motivational interviewing
- Eye movement desensitization and preprocessing
- Relapse prevention therapy
- Family counseling/therapy