15 of the Best Road to Recovery Quotes
If you or a loved one are on the road to Recovery from a Drug or Alcohol Addiction, you have something to celebrate. Stopping to reflect on your progress by reading what others have to say about your achievements is a fantastic way to stay motivated and positive about your success.
Inspirational Recovery quotes are meant to help you renew your commitment to a drug- and alcohol-free lifestyle and inspire you to live your life to its fullest. Whether you’re hoping to inspire your own journey to Recovery or showing your support to a loved one, we hope the following quotes make you take heart and celebrate:
- “The road to Recovery will not always be easy, but I will take it one day at a time, focusing on the moments I’ve dreamed about for so long.” — Amanda Lindhout
- “The fact that you woke up this morning is proof that this day has already been predetermined in your favor.” — Russ Kyle
- “Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: You don’t give up.” — Anne Lamott
- “I understood myself only after I destroyed myself. And only in the process of fixing myself, did I know who I really was.” — Sade Andria Zabala
- “Recovery is something that you have to work on every single day, and it’s something that it doesn’t get a day off.” — Demi Lovato
- “Blame is such a self-defeating choice. It renders one helpless, putting any solution well out of reach, for we rarely can change others. Consider this, a solution well within your reach, someone you can surely change: yourself.” — Russ Kyle
- “My Recovery must come first so that everything I love in life does not have to come last.” — Unknown
- “You were never created to live depressed, defeated, guilty, condemned, ashamed or unworthy. You were created to be victorious.” — Joel Osteen
- “My favorite six words in Recovery are: trust God, clean house and help others.” — Matthew Perry
- “It takes a lot of strength to ride the storm of addiction, but it’s worth it.” — Maggie Swann
- “You don’t get over an addiction by stopping using. You recover by creating a new life where it is easier to not use. If you don’t create a new life, then all the factors that brought you to your addiction will catch up with you again.” — Unknown
- “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” — George Chakiris
- “Relax. Breathe. It takes time, but there is a great joy to be had in moments of every day. Just remember, you’re learning new steps, a new dance.” — Lisa Frederiksen
- “A compassionate approach leads to less addiction.” — Johann Hari
- “It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop.” — Confucius
How 7 Summit Pathways Can Help You on the Road to Recovery
The road to Recovery is an ongoing adventure that can seem scary at times, but you never have to go through it alone. Whether you’ve just made the decision to get clean or you’re years into your journey, the team at 7 Summit Pathways is here to help you through every step.
We offer holistic, evidence-based therapies — including counseling and medication — aimed at helping you recover every aspect of your life. Our team will work with you to create an individualized treatment plan that focuses on seven dimensions of your wellness. Learn more about us and how we can help you along your road to Recovery by contacting us online or scheduling an appointment.