Finding alcohol addiction help is essential for people who are abusing alcohol, which is causing a major disruption to their work and personal lives. While there is no cure for addiction, there are several treatment programs available that can make the recovery process much easier when compared to trying to quit alone. Treatment programs use a combination of medical support and behavioral therapy to treat the complexities of addiction, no matter how severe the symptoms or the cause behind the abuse.
At 7 Summit Pathways, we welcome Floridians from all walks of life who are struggling with alcohol use disorder, opioid use disorder, or other types of addictions. When you first arrive at our discreet facility, our team will run a full assessment to build a constructive treatment program. You will participate in group and private therapy sessions led by a certified therapist with experience treating all severities of addiction. For more information about our alcohol addiction rehab in Tampa, FL, pick up the phone and call 813.212.7149 today to speak with our knowledgeable team.
Finding Alcohol Addiction Help
Alcohol use in the U.S. is very common. In fact, the average age at which a person tries alcohol for the first time is 11 years old for boys and 13 years old for girls. Why do children feel it is okay to try alcohol so young? They grow up watching their parent drink and have a good time with friends and form a subconscious desire for alcohol without knowing what it is or how it affects them.
Finding alcohol addiction help is imperative for people of all ages who are unable to control their drinking and want to quit before causing any more harm. During an alcohol rehab program, patients will receive medication that will ease withdrawal symptoms and block the cravings that can lead to a relapse. They will also participate in group and private therapy sessions led by a certified behavioral therapist with experience treating alcohol use disorder.
Cognitive-behavioral therapy is one of the best forms of therapy for treating addiction and teaches patients about the connection between their thoughts and their addictive behaviors. Other types of therapies used to treat addiction include dialectical behavior therapy, meditative and mindfulness techniques, animal-assisted therapy, and many others that promote a healthy lifestyle.
At 7 Summit Pathways, our mission is to support the recovery process of people living near Tampa and struggling with alcohol addiction. Our individualized treatment programs are centered around each patient’s unique symptoms and address all aspects of their condition.
How to Help a Loved One with Alcohol Addiction
If you suspect a friend or loved one is abusing alcohol and want to support them, here are a few ways in how to help a loved one with alcohol addiction:
- Learn all you can about addiction – Knowing how addiction affects the person and those in their lives is important to understand some of what they are going through. Read about the common symptoms of addiction, their withdrawal symptoms, and common causes behind the abuse.
- Talk to them about your concerns for their health – Addiction can cause serious physical and psychological complications such as:
- Heart and cardiovascular disease
- Kidney disease
- Liver, colon, and rectum cancers
- Depression and anxiety
- A weaker immune system
- Significant cognitive decline
- Talk to them about how their drinking can impact their work and social life and the health risks that are associated with long-term alcoholism.
- Talk about the benefits of finding an alcohol addiction rehab center – Enrolling in a rehab facility provides a safer alternative when compared to quitting alone. Tell them about the medical and therapeutic help they will get and how it will teach them new skills for feeling better and stopping their cravings from consuming them.
- Have an action plan – When they say yes to accepting help, have a list of local treatment centers ready to call. You can call ahead of time and check availability and find a good time to bring your friend or loved one to the center to begin the admissions process.
These are just a few of the ways in how to help a loved one with alcohol addiction. One thing to remember when talking with someone about their drinking is not to use accusatory and threatening language. This is a very delicate time, and saying the wrong thing can cause them to overreact and potentially overdose.
Find Alcohol Addiction Rehab in Tampa at 7 Summit Pathways
7 Summit Pathways is a fully accredited addiction treatment facility in Tampa with programs that treat addictions to alcohol, opioids, and other addictive substances. In addition to medication-assisted treatment and behavioral therapy, we include various holistic therapies that include:
- Mindfulness therapies
- Equine therapy
- Massage therapy
Contact us at 813.212.7149 today for more information about our alcohol addiction rehab and how it can benefit your or a loved one’s recovery.