Tampa is a popular place in Florida with plenty of family-friendly attractions, like the Busch Gardens, John F. Kennedy Museum, and the Florida Aquarium. Its climate is very comfortable during the summer, with average temperatures around 75 degrees, and there are plenty of outdoor activities to keep you busy. For Tampa residents who are caught in the cycle of heroin addiction, finding professional help is essential to break free of this dangerous drug. A heroin addiction treatment program provides comprehensive care programs that address the physical and mental aspects of addiction.
At 7 Summit Pathways, we are a fully accredited addiction treatment facility that welcomes individuals who are abusing heroin and ready to make a positive change in their lives. We utilize the latest addiction treatment techniques, including cognitive-behavioral therapy, equine-assisted therapy, medication-assisted treatment, and other beneficial therapies. Patients will participate in group and private therapy sessions led by a certified therapist at our discreet, 22-bed facility. For more information about our heroin addiction treatment in Tampa, call 813.212.7149 today to speak with one of our caring team members.
What Is Heroin Addiction?
Heroin is a synthetic opioid made from morphine and is highly addictive. It can cause significant damage to your brain and other vital organs and is nearly impossible to quit without professional support. Heroin causes physical changes within your body that create a dependence on the drug, leading to painful withdrawal symptoms and intense cravings for more heroin. The more you take, the more problems you will experience when attempting to get sober.
What is heroin addiction? Addiction is the psychological and physical need to continue abusing heroin despite any physical and emotional harm being caused. If left untreated, heroin use can cause serious physical symptoms that include:
- Collapsed veins for intravenous users
- Damage to the nasal cavity for those who snort heroin
- Abscesses and skin lesions
- Constipation and stomach cramping
- Sexual dysfunction
- Irregular menstrual cycles
Addiction is a lifetime mental health disorder that is treatable through a combination of psychotherapy and medication. Those who complete a heroin addiction treatment program and build a healthy lifestyle are more likely to reach and maintain lifelong sobriety.
7 Summit Pathways is here to aid people who are struggling with heroin addiction in Tampa. Our programs are tailored to the individual and can include a healthy mix of behavioral and holistic therapies along with medical support to ease disruptive symptoms.
Finding Help for Heroin Addiction
Enrolling in a heroin addiction treatment program is the smart choice for stopping the abuse safely and reducing the risks of relapse. If this is your first time searching for help for heroin addiction, be sure the facility offers the following types of therapy options:
1. Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) – This is one of the best therapy options for treating addiction and other mental health disorders. Behavioral therapy works by addressing the negative behaviors and emotions that are behind the abuse and replacing them with more positive behaviors and thinking. Other types of behavioral therapies that can aid in the recovery process include:
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Motivational interviewing (MI)
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
2. Medication-assisted treatment – The best way to reduce addiction withdrawals and cravings is through medication. Medical staff will administer specific dosages based on each person’s treatment plan throughout the recovery program. They will monitor each patient’s progress and begin tapering them off the medication as their symptoms decline.
3. Holistic therapies – Building a healthy lifestyle is one of the best ways to support long-lasting sobriety. Holistic therapies like meditation, animal-assisted therapy, yoga, and nutrition education work to improve all aspects of patients’ lives and build on the skills learned through behavioral therapy.
4. Family therapy – Addiction can impact loved ones and cause fractures in the family unit. Family therapy is an excellent way to help parents, siblings, spouses, and children move past any lingering frustrations or anger and begin healing. They will learn all about the harm addiction causes and how they can become an integral part of the recovery process.
Heroin is a deadly narcotic when abused regularly over a long period. Fortunately, many addiction treatment programs are available that can successfully treat the disorder and give people the skills and confidence necessary to lead a healthy life.
Find Heroin Addiction Treatment in Tampa at 7 Summit Pathways
7 Summit Pathways is close to McKay Bay on Orient Road off East Adama Drive, west of Sixmile Creek. We welcome Tampa residents who are struggling with an addiction to heroin and other opioids. We tailor each program to the individual’s symptoms and unique triggers and use a combination of behavioral and holistic therapies along with medication-assisted treatment.