When you’re in Recovery, you learn helpful techniques and grow your self-confidence. Having clear addiction Recovery steps will help give you the closure you need and help you see the light at the end of the tunnel. At 7 Summit Pathways, we’ll use steps to Recovery to help you accomplish your goals and live a positive life addiction-free.
The Importance of Addiction Recovery Steps
Addiction Recovery steps focus on helping you maintain your sobriety through the support of others and yourself. During the Recovery process, it can help to share your experiences with others and support each other on your journey. Research shows that practicing abstinence from substances as part of your addiction Recovery steps can help improve your mental health, which in turns improves your long-term Recovery.
Following the steps of addiction recovery can help you recognize and admit that you have a problem, surrender your control to a higher power and achieve greater self-observation and awareness of what contributed to your addiction.
It’s important to remember that no two people will have the exact same road to Recovery. It’s a lifelong process, and you need to figure out what approach works best for your individual goals and needs. You may need to revisit some steps, tackle more than one at once or add your own steps to make the process work for you.
What Are the Steps to Recovery?
Learning and understanding the steps of addiction Recovery can help you feel better about what to expect during the Recovery process. While these aren’t the only addiction Recovery steps, they’re some of the most common and can help you achieve your goals:
- Admitting you are powerless over your addiction
- Believing that a higher power — in whatever form you choose — can help you
- Deciding to give control to that higher power
- Making a fearless moral inventory of yourself
- Admitting the wrong things you’ve done to your higher power, yourself and another person
- Letting go enough to let your higher power help you correct issues with your character
- Asking the higher power to remove your shortcomings
- Making a list of all the negative things you’ve done to others and being willing to make amends
- Contacting the people you hurt, unless doing so would harm them
- Consistently taking a personal inventory and recognizing and admitting when you’re wrong
- Seeking a connection with the higher power through prayer and meditation
- Carrying the steps with you to help others and remind yourself of the words
More steps exist, and your journey is your own. You should tailor the steps to fit what you believe, your future goals and more. 7 Summit Pathways will help you follow the steps of addiction Recovery and make them your own so that you can overcome your addiction.
Contact 7 Summit Pathways
At 7 Summit Pathways, we understand that you might be feeling hopeless and alone, wondering how your addiction got to this point. Our experienced staff members have helped thousands, and we understand what it takes to give you what works. Contact us or schedule an appointment today to learn more about the addiction Recovery steps.