Cocaine is a harmful stimulant when abused and can cause significant harm to your body and mind. For those who are abusing cocaine and need help stopping, cocaine addiction recovery is possible through an accredited addiction treatment facility. Treatment programs that combine medical support with behavioral therapy are necessary to give patients the skills they need to reach their recovery goals safely and lead healthy and sober lives.
At 7 Summit Pathways, our mission is to support people through addiction recovery at our discreet 22-bed outpatient treatment facility. We offer a wide range of therapies that include behavioral and holistic therapies, along with medication-assisted treatments that are designed around the individual’s symptoms. Patients will work with a therapist and their peers in group and private therapy sessions to practice coping and communication skills, talk about their struggles, and learn other healthy life skills. If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction, call 813.212.7149 today to see if our cocaine addiction rehab in Tampa, FL is the best choice for recovery.
Recovering from Cocaine Addiction
Cocaine is a natural stimulant derived from the coca plant that is mainly grown in South America. Individuals would chew the leaves for a mildly stimulating effect. Cocaine is a central nervous system stimulant that causes increased energy, heart rate, and body temperature, along with giving the person an over-inflated sense of well-being for anywhere from 15-30 minutes. If someone regularly uses cocaine, their body will adapt to the substance and begin forming a dependence on the drug.
This dependence will cause intense and painful physical withdrawal symptoms along with strong cravings for more cocaine. Enrolling in cocaine addiction recovery provides a safe process for detoxing that includes medication and behavioral therapy. Those who try to quit without professional support will experience depression, concentration problems, anxiety, paranoia, fatigue, muscle aches, nightmares, and powerful cravings.
If you are asking yourself, how do I recover from cocaine addiction, 7 Summit Pathways has the programs that you need. Those who ask us for help receive individualized care from a full-time staff of experienced behavioral therapists and medical professionals who are committed to their safe recovery.
What to Expect from Cocaine Addiction Recovery
If you suspect a friend or loved one is abusing cocaine, getting them to enroll in a treatment center can save their lives. If left untreated, cocaine addiction will lead to organ failure, malnourishment, brain damage, cardiovascular disease, and heart failure.
Here is what you can expect after enrolling in a cocaine addiction recovery program:
- On the first day, therapists will examine your physical and mental health along with the severity of the addiction to create an effective program that includes group and private therapy sessions using various behavioral and holistic techniques.
- Medical staff will administer FDA-approved medications that are proven to ease withdrawal symptoms and cravings. These medications are only temporary, and as symptoms begin to fade, medical staff will slowly reduce the dosage size until no longer necessary. Most patients will be 100% drug-free by the end of the program.
- You will work with a therapist in private therapy sessions to uncover the root cause of the abuse and develop new skills for managing symptoms and not letting emotions control your behaviors.
- During group therapy, you will practice coping and communication skills with your peers as well as participate in group discussions, outdoor activities, and other beneficial therapies.
- Addiction recovery also includes family therapy to rebuild any broken relationships caused by the addiction. All family members will participate in the recovery process and learn how they can be a part of the recovery journey.
There are several safe ways how you can recover from cocaine addiction and stop the abuse before causing permanent damage. While there is no cure for addiction, many people go on to lead healthy and sober lives after beating their addiction.
7 Summit Pathways Offers Compassionate Cocaine Addiction Rehab in Tampa
At 7 Summit Pathways, we welcome men and women from all walks of life who are struggling with an addiction to cocaine and are ready to regain control of their lives. When you first arrive at our facility, we will run a full assessment while answering any questions you have about the recovery experience. We are a full-service addiction treatment facility that uses the latest therapeutic techniques that include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Acceptance and commitment therapy
- Equine therapy
- Family counseling
- Yoga and meditation therapy