Alcohol is an addictive substance that causes significant physical and mental health issues when abused. Recognizing the signs of alcohol addiction is important to know if you or a loved one drinks several times a week. While there is no cure for addiction, there are several effective treatment programs available that can help you stop the abuse before causing irreversible harm.
7 Summit Pathways offers alcohol addiction treatment for men and women from all walks of life who are ready to make a positive change. Our 22-bed, family-like treatment center offers individualized treatment in a comfortable and private facility. You will work with a certified therapist in group and individual therapy sessions to uncover the root cause of the addiction and begin true healing. If you are searching for alcohol addiction rehab near me and in the Tampa area, call 813.212.7149 today to speak with our compassionate team about your addiction recovery.
How to Recognize Alcohol Addiction Signs
Alcohol addiction is a serious health concern in the U.S. that affects over 50 million people each year. While it remains legal, there are serious health complications that can develop when someone abuses this addictive substance. It causes personality and behavioral changes, harms personal and work relationships, and can completely consume a person to the point that all they think about is when they can drink again.
If you know someone that is abusing alcohol, there are several ways that you can help. In some cases, the person abusing alcohol does not recognize the harm they are doing to themselves or their loved ones. It can take the intervention of friends and family to help them see the danger they are in and convince them to enroll in a recovery program. Doing this can potentially save their life, as untreated alcohol addiction can lead to death.
At 7 Summit Pathways, our mission is to support your recovery efforts in reaching your sobriety goals. We offer a full range of treatment options, from residential and outpatient programs to aftercare and alumni programs that will support your recovery from start to finish.
4 Signs of Alcohol Addiction
There are several alcohol addiction signs that point to a serious condition that will require professional support to recover. Those who continue to abuse alcohol put themselves at risk of developing certain cancers, heart disease, liver and kidney failure, and other life-threatening medical conditions.
Here are four signs of alcohol addiction that you should be aware of if you or a loved one is abusing alcohol:
- Behavioral changes – A person abusing alcohol will begin to show changes in their personality and behavior. They may begin to isolate themselves from friends and family or start hanging out with new friends. They may begin to act more aggressively, take more risks, or begin to show depression or anxiety symptoms. Each person is unique in how alcohol affects their behavior.
- Physical changes – Addiction puts a heavy toll on the body and can impact weight and physical appearance. Alcohol addiction can cause changes in the skin, heartburn, stomach issues, weight loss, and tingling or numbness in the arms and legs. It can also impact your sleep patterns and lead to worsening mental health issues.
- Signs around the home – Some other signs that you can look for include finding unexplained empty bottles of alcohol in the trash or finding secret stashes of alcohol. Some common places people will hide alcohol include under a mattress, in bathrooms, closets, dressers, or in their car or the workplace.
- Relationships – Another potential sign of alcohol addiction is trouble in personal and work relationships. Those who abuse alcohol will pull away from family and friends, lie when asked about their drinking, and continue to act evasively. This can complicate relationships and lead to divorce, loss of work, homelessness, or worse.
These are just a few of the signs of alcohol addiction that point to a growing problem that needs professional support. While there is no cure for addiction, many patients go on to lead sober and happy lives after completing addiction recovery and continuing with therapy for as long as necessary.
7 Summit Pathways: Your Top Choice for Alcohol Addiction Rehab near You
At 7 Summit Pathways, we work with individuals who are struggling with addiction to alcohol, opioid pain medication, or other addictive substances. We build trust and open communication with each patient so they feel comfortable talking about the reasons behind the addiction. Our treatment programs utilize a number of different therapies to treat alcohol addiction that include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Acceptance and commitment therapy
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Motivational interviewing
- Group and individual therapy
- Holistic therapy
- Family therapy