The novel coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, has transformed everyday life, including experiences with health. Social precautions and uncertainty about the future can make health conditions such as Alcohol Addiction more difficult to deal with. If you feel scared or confused about managing your Alcohol Addiction during these times, a Recovery center such as 7 Summit Pathways can help.
Effects of the Coronavirus on People With Alcohol and Drug Addictions
The coronavirus and societal changes it causes can have a variety of effects on people with Addiction, including:
- Possible increased COVID-19 risk: Drugs and alcohol can increase someone’s risk of respiratory and cardiovascular symptoms that could put them at a higher risk of developing COVID-19.
- More triggers for use: Physical and emotional stresses can trigger the urge to use drugs or alcohol for a person with Addiction. Current events have increased this stress for many people.
- Changes in Addiction care services: Some patients in Addiction treatment have to take different steps to get services because of COVID-19 prevention measures. These changes can cause stress for some patients.
Importance of Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation During COVID-19
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Drug and Alcohol Addiction treatment still plays an important role in Recovery. In many cases, it’s become even more critical than before. When you get Addiction care during COVID-19, you can:
- Build coping skills: Addiction treatment centers around learning coping skills to promote long-lasting Recovery. Your care provider can help you manage COVID-19-related stress and any Addiction symptoms.
- Get support from your care team and peers: Your care team and fellow patients will provide social support during treatment. They understand your experiences and how to help you as you deal with Addiction during COVID-19.
- Understand how current events affect your Addiction: Addiction professionals can determine how current events might affect your symptoms and what you can do to cope with them.
Can I Get Addiction Treatment During the COVID-19 Pandemic?
Thanks to secure technology and social distancing measures, Addiction treatment centers can deliver care during the pandemic. Many care providers can perform services, such as therapy and intensive outpatient care remotely. Treatment centers with residential programs can still take patients as long as everyone minimizes their risk. Addiction care services may have slightly different steps right now, but they still involve the same treatments.
How 7 Summit Pathways Keeps You and Staff Safe During These Times
At 7 Summit Pathways, we have a variety of safeguards in place to provide treatment while minimizing your risk at our facilities.
- FDA approved COVID-19 rapid diagnostic testing that allows clients to enter treatment the same day as admission
- Remote, E-platform family therapy and intensive outpatient programs (IOP)
- Facility infection control procedures such as disinfection, screening and mitigation
Getting the Addiction Treatment You Need During COVID-19
If you need assistance with your Recovery from Drug or Alcohol Addiction, you can still get help during COVID-19. At 7 Summit Pathways, we provide treatment for Drug and Alcohol Addiction in a safe and comfortable environment. We welcome you to schedule an appointment online or contact our staff today to begin your Recovery journey.